shanice

Apple has begun software locking iPhone batteries to prevent Third-Party replacement - what do you guys think? votes

Great Idea - iPhone batteries should only be replaced by Apple 0 votes
0%
 Terrible Choice - It will affect many repair businesses and their trade 3 votes
100%
 Meh - I don't care, I'm an Android user! 0 votes
0%
Multiple choice poll. This poll has been closed.
A new feature has been highlighted amongst iPhone users - this has been called the 'dormant software lock' and has been designed to deter Apple customers from seeking unauthorised battery repairs. The feature does not allow for the battery health to be displayed in the settings, and instead shows 'Service' regardless of whether an original battery has been used for replacement or not.

Apple issued a statement to iMore earlier this month in regards to this:

“We take the safety of our customers very seriously and want to make sure any battery replacement is done properly. There are now over 1,800 Apple authorized service providers across the US, so our customers have even more convenient access to quality repairs. Last year, we introduced a new feature to notify customers if we were unable to verify that a new, genuine battery was installed by a certified technician following Apple repair processes. This information is there to help protect our customers from damaged, poor quality, or used batteries that can lead to safety or performance issues. This notification does not impact the customer’s ability to use the phone after an unauthorized repair.”
Kind Regards, 
Shanice W
Customer Service Advisor

sales@replacebase.co.ukreplacebase.co.uk
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Unless it's coded as a home button ,
then the copies will have to be the original controllers...

https://forum.replacebase.co.uk/post/iphone-battery-10188418?pid=1309016844
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.