Steve
So, we are always asked about Sony adhesive and the best way to apply! 

In our workshop we found that best way to apply was to clean surfaces using IPA, apply to the chassis then stick the screen in place - we then clamp it to our heat plate, give it a quick blast upto 80 degrees then allow to cool fully and leave clamped for 4-5 hours - its very rare we have any that lift after this!

Anyone have any further tips or tracks to get these bonded?

We have been experimenting with some heat activated adhesive for the Z3 compact (as this is one of the problematic models) - if anyone wants some to try just let me know. 

Steve 
Steve Garner | Replacebase Founder 

Need support? my team are happy to help - sales@replacebase.co.uk | 01604924700
Quote 1 0
NJH Repairs
Sounds interesting.. am interested in this.
NJH Repairs - Your Device in Trusted Hands

Any issues or advice just visit:-

Web: http://www.njhrepairs.co.uk
FB: http://www.facebook.com/NJHRepairs
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/NJHRepairs
Quote 0 0
MACH Computers
How would you compare this adhesive to the likes of the ever popular Tesa tape? I've got some pretty good 3M tape in at the moment which I was given as a sample (shame I've not been able to contact them since for more [frown] ) but I don't know which particular tape it is. I'm always on the lookout for some better tapes - particularly for the problematic iPad mini glass and some Samsung handsets
Chris - Owner
MACH Computers Kent

W: http://www.machcomputers.co.uk
E: service@machcomputers.co.uk
T: 01622 236343
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Tesa 61395 tape is great but when it comes to sony I also find a little blob of Evostick serious glue in the corners is just the ticket, never had a return for a lifting screen, serious glue is good for temps from -30c to 120c so even on holiday in a hot country wont bother it, tesa 61395 is good for a working temp of 100c and max short term exposure of 200c.

ReplaceBase it would be great if you looked in to stocking tesa 61395, 4mm 2mm and 1mm
Quote 0 0
Hennah04
replacebase wrote:
So, we are always asked about Sony adhesive and the best way to apply! 

Hi, I recently purchasedpyour  bonding screen adhesive for Xperia xz. I don't suppose you have an idiots guide or a YouTube video showing how its used? 
Quote 0 0
Steve
Great idea! 

We have a couple of vids planned for the next week or so but will add it next to the list! 

Quote 0 0
Hennah04
If you have a set of step by step instructions I'd appreciate it. I've got the adhesive strip, still waiting on replacement screen to be delivered. Hoping to get it done this weekend, the adhesive strip doesn't appear to have all the required cut outs? Complete noob to this
Quote 0 0
Steve
Can you pop a quick pic over to us at sales@replacebase.co.uk so we can see what you have? we will be happy to help you every step - we have live chat also so can assist when needed, everyone on emails is tech trained 

Quote 0 0
Hennah04
I used the bonding adhesive today, not the easiest stuff to use, especially as one piece but ultimately I managed it and managed to replace my Xperia xz screen and digitiser. Considering I've never done this kind of thing before I'm quite happy and impressed with the products used. I do think that a video showing the use of this product would still have great value. 
Image, old screen removed and replaced using replacebase bonding adhesive for Sony Xperia xz.
Quote 0 0
guv94
Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum. Has anyone got any pro-tips for the LCD adhesive application without a heat plate? I recently replaced my display, and the upper half of the display has complete lifting. I realized my midframe was also a little bent, therefore I'll be getting a new frame asap. However I do not have access to a heat plate. What are my chances of success? Would a bit of heating with a heatgun and applying some harmless weights for a couple hours (hell I can even leave it for 24 hrs if that's what it needs) on the phone on a flat surface after the application be enough?
Quote 0 0
Steve
Welcome Guv94

What model do you have? i will ask they guys here if they have any tips 🙂

Quote 0 0
guv94
Hey Steve, thanks for the reply. It's a Z5 Compact.
Quote 0 0
Steve
We defiantly have best luck with these with some heat, do you have access to a heat gun or decent hairdryer? 

Quote 0 0
guv94
I've got a Black&Decker 1750W heat gun
Quote 0 0
Steve
Looks like that maybe a little overkill, form what i can see the temp range is 460-600ºC, if it does go down to about 120 that would be ideal.

Using a heat gun i would apply the adhesive to the chassis and really firstly go around the adhesive with a spurger or driver to ensure its suck to the chassis all the way around evenly, remove the top layer ready to stick the screen on and give it a quick blast of heat so its warm to the touch, bond the screen in place then give the screen a good deal of heat so its also evenly warm to the touch then pop it between 2 flat heavy surfaces like a few decent sized books to allow it to cool for a little white and you should have a decent bond.

Let me know how you get on and any questions just let me know 

Hopefully you will get some other tips soon.  

Quote 0 0
guv94
Wow. This is quite the thorough explanation. Thank you very much. I'll be ordering one of your Z5 Compact midframes, which has the display adhesive already applied on it. And I'll keep these tips in mind. 

(P.S: This heatgun was the only one in the store I'd been to 😃 I know 1750W sounds a lot, but I can keep it under the safe temps by maintaining some distance, I think 😃)
Quote 0 0
Steve
No problem 🙂 as long as you keep the screen to a temperature that you can comfortably touch it should be OK.

Let me know your order number once placed and i will get a couple of free adhesives included for you

Cheers

Steve 

Quote 1 0
guv94
Wonderful! Thanks! 
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.