Mendio
Hi All.

I repaired a 6 plus for a customer back in February which required a new screen. All has been fine until a week ago where the touch has become intermittently unresponsive. I've tried another screen but the fault was still there. Also done a iOS reinstall as a matter of precaution (there was 0KB of space) but again the fault is still there. What I've found out today is that if you press and hold down (quite firmly) the digitiser connector to the board, then the screen appears to be far more repsonsove. So I'm guessing there is a fault somewhere on the board and possibly a bad joint with the connector socket.

I don't have the skills or tooling for microsoldering so I'm looking for someone who could do this for me (paid for of course). I need someone with experience in this level of repair. As I mentioned, it's a customers iPhone so I wouldn't want someone to just "have a go at it".

Cheers everyone.
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
This sounds like the 6 plus famous "touch disease" and will require board repair, I've sent you a pm
Quote 0 0
scott2326
I've got a 6s plus with similar issue. Screen was replaced about 3 months ago. A few weeks later they got in contact to say the screen was freezing up. I took a look and could see any damaged sustained to the new screen so fitted a new one again. Few weeks go by an Dane happens again. Now also the Touch ID has failed. As any one any ideas? Does it sound like the screen could be at fault or the phone?
Quote 0 0
TheMicroGuys
Hi Mendio. Always available for any logic board repairs but at the moment wouldn't be able to take on new work until the end of next week.

Scott where are you getting the screens from? If they are from ReplaceBase then I doubt it would be a screen issue, on the other hand if they are from Ebay etc then they are highly likely to be defective crap rejects regardless of what you pay for them. If your supplier doesn't offer you a guarantee of at least 6 months on your screens then steer clear. We only purchase parts that come with a 12 month guarantee and never once have had to send back a failure.
The Micro Guys Ltd
WEB   http://www.themicroguys.co.uk
EMAIL service@themicroguys.co.uk
TEL    01803 467 477
Quote 0 0
Andy @ ACE-Repairs
Mendio when the touch stops working do you get a grey bar accross the top of the screen, this is a tell tale sign of the touch disease.  Touch disease is mainly in the 6plus, its when the phone is slightly bent & the touch controller IC chip is slightly fractured or solder joints under it are fractured.  This can be temporarely fixed by pressing in the touch IC or heating it up however the only real fix is replace the chip.  Google for more info.  You can partially claim under warranty however costs quite a bit, its a weak design flaw however only caused by bending so not a free warranty replacement.  Make sure it has a grey bar accross the top otherwise may just be a screen or software problem.
     Scott can you make a new post as the 6S is totally different and will get confusing on these posts.

iphone-6-6-plus-touch-disease-ic-chip-repair-service.jpg 
Quote 0 0
Mendio
Sorry all. Been away for a bit with the family and playing catch up with the work I've missed.

No there's not a line across the top so it's not the famous touch disease. I'm pretty convinced it's the connector on the board and when it's pressed down hard and held down then the touch is restored.
Quote 0 0
Bytesize
Just because there is no line does not rule out the touch disease, you usually get the grey bar when there is intermittent conectivity on the M1 pin, if this is broken completely then there will be no touch and no grey line, I believe a touch ic repair with an m1 jumper will make this right
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.