ashpilot
!st gen ipad pro 12.9

After replacing the battery last year I have had issues with the screen lifting around the home button.  I have removed the bonding tape and replaced it 3 times and 3 times the same issue.  All the old adhesive removed cleaned and left with books on it over night after new bonding adhesive strips fitted.  It presses together flush then over a period of 20 minutes lifts enough to get you tools in to remove it again.  It presses back but for a while but lifts again.  The battery is new and not swelled and no sign of any obstructions. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Quote 0 0
DTFix
I'm having the same issue with an iPad 2. I've tried warning it and then clamping or together until cool but, sure enough, after about 20 minutes it starts to lift. 
I would be greatful for a solution.
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Your whole problem is that the quality of the glue is poor , i p a d problem with the side edge ,
the cable lifts the screen up because the housing against the cable is narrow ...
In your version this is done with the home button ...
pro.jpg 

Well , you must buy a good glue , fill it inside

hold compressed for 8-12 hours... Or buy a good double sided adhesive tape ....
Good glue

[t8000_110ml] 

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/t8000-adhesive-water-resistant-flexible-glue-with-precision-applicator-tip-110ml

Good adhesive tape for housing 3M™ 9088
Using adhesive tape , the tablet can be used immediately , the adhesive tape should be applied to the body,
not the screen ...
An alternative to good adhesive tape is
pro1.jpg 

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/for-nokia-8-replacement-lcd-screen-bonding-adhesive-bulk-pack-x5

Recomend 3M™ 9088
Quote 0 0
DTFix
Thanks Andree27,
The issue I am having is with a screen bought from The Replace Base. It's an FX5 screen fitted with Tess tape.
All surfaces were cleaned perfectly before fitting. I have T-7000 in stock but would prefer not to use it unless there is no other solution.
Quote 0 0
Andree27
I understand everything but , using a screen with an existing double sided adhesive tape you
must use glue as well ... Necessarily you see that it is not effective enough so you need
glue as well ... When using glue , the correct instructions for use must be followed ...
That means - applying it to the surface wait five to ten minutes and apply it again wait few minutes only
then press the two surfaces together and hold it for up to eight hours ...
You claim to have cleaned up your tablet housing , this means no grip with aluminum ...
To have a good grip you need any double sided tape stick and tear off , repeat the procedure a
few times until you feel it is hard to pull off ...
Aluminum cleaning - causes oxidation , therefore such a procedure is necessary ...

If you use your own double sided tape - then these nokia adhesive tape is similar in appearance
and consistency to the original ...
Just did not damage the antennas ...
Quote 0 0
Andree27
Perfectly good glue and good work , apply first on the body not on the screen ...
All edges are narrow ...

nok2.jpg  nok1.jpg 
Quote 0 0
ashpilot
Well, I got the new tape and glue.  While plugging the screen back into the motherboard the smaller connector flashed and now the screen displays but the touch bit no longer works.  I'm not amused. If the screen adhesive you supplied original was fit for purpose, I would not have changed it 3 times and screwed the mother board on the 4th attempt.  What are my options?? 256GB cellular 1st gen ipad pro.
Quote 0 1
Andree27
First - it must work properly , without putting it together perform a factory reset , only then will begin to build it together ...
Second - you will have to decide what to do with the existing adhesive tape , use your own or existing ... Orginal tape is not
available , if the tape is made of plastic or paper in the middle it will not last long then apply additional glue to the
body ... Because this adhesive tape will not last long on the aluminum housing , there is no problem with the screen side ...
Third - if you use your own adhesive tape , then this n o k i a adhesive tape is similar to the original ... The second option is
3M™ 9088 ... How to clean aluminum housing - To have a good grip you need any double sided tape stick and tear off , repeat the
procedure a few times until you feel it is hard to pull off ...
Aluminum cleaning with preparations - causes oxidation , therefore such a procedure is necessary ...

There is no plastic or paper in the middle , the whole plate can be used , will need to cut thin ribbons
tape.jpg 
Quote 0 0
DTFix
ashpilot wrote:
Well, I got the new tape and glue.  While plugging the screen back into the motherboard the smaller connector flashed and now the screen displays but the touch bit no longer works.  I'm not amused. If the screen adhesive you supplied original was fit for purpose, I would not have changed it 3 times and screwed the mother board on the 4th attempt.  What are my options?? 256GB cellular 1st gen ipad pro.

Oh dear. It rather sounds like the battery wasn't disconnected when the screen was connected.
The motherboard will need to come out and the damage located and repaired. I'm guessing a blown filter or similar. Most of the components surrounding the display FPC connectors are 1005 size.
Microsoldering time I'm afraid...
Quote 1 0
ashpilot
Do you know anyone who can do this and the cost?
Quote 0 0
DTFix
What country are you in?
Quote 0 0
ashpilot
uk, doncaster
Quote 0 0
DTFix
https://homecomputingsolutionsltd.co.uk/microsoldering-soldering-repairs-doncaster/
Have a look at these guys. I don't know them but it looks like, if they can't do it, they'll know who can.
Quote 0 0
ashpilot
Thanks for the suggestion.  After a bit of research I used https://www.logicboardrepair.london/ within 2 hours of receiving my Ipad he sent a video showing it working and after paying the invoice with PAYPAL it was despatched and the proof of posting sent via text message..  It arrived the next day.  I tried others who were quoting up to 15 days etc.  The repair cost £60 all in.  I was very impressed with his diagnostic video https://youtu.be/FO6MEdre-8U, this influenced my decision greatly. A job well done.
Quote 1 0
DTFix
Great news! I've seen this guy before. He's really good.
Quote 0 0
Tom

Sorry I missed most of this but glad you all got sorted. And that's not to bad repair time and cost either.

Glad Andree could help you out though. And let us know if there's anything else I can help with.

Email: tom@replacebase.co.uk
Discord: Tom (Replacebase)#8513
Reddit: u/Replacebase
Quote 0 0

Would you like us to send you notifications about discount codes, news and offers?

Remind me later

Thank you! Please check your email inbox to confirm.

Oops! Notifications are disabled.